Hello, again . . . How was everyone's week?? Ours was good! Let's see . . . normal school days, everyone healthy, basketball practice, family haircuts, bunny feeding. . . you get the idea. Lucy is selling Girl Scout cookies for the first time this year . . . She's so excited. Wish we lived closer to some of you to ask those famous words "would you like to buy some Girl Scout cookies" but Lucy's doing great here! If you buy any cookies from a cute little girl in a uniform out your way, imagine Lucy! She's loving it! Oh, and Jason is planning his birthday party for next week . . . He's so excited. He's having a few friends over for a sleepover! Gary's going to take them bowling for a couple hours, play some flag football (if the weather cooperates) and head up to our rec center for some basketball - wonder who will be worn out? And my job is to just keep feeding them when they pass by the house!!!!! Sub sandwiches, pizza, ice cream cake, donuts, etc. . . . and I'll squeeze a fruit or veggie in there somewhere - I at least have to try! Well, I guess that's about it for the week around here - pretty calm as far as Greenwald weeks go!
But I do want to share one more story with you before I go . . . For us it's another priceless Kev story!
Here goes - The kids learn a lot of basic history in school - from historical presidents, wars, inventions to various significant individuals. However, as you probably know, kids don't always understand everything they learn or hear. That's what happened here . . . Kevin has learned about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. from year to year. But I guess no one had ever made a clear connection from the lesson they were learning about to the day off from school to honor him (or Kevin missed that part in the lesson) Anyway, Gary was taking his turn tucking the kids in bed on Friday when Kev asked why they didn't have school on Monday. Gary (thinking he was entering a wonderful, historic discussion) asked Kev why he thought they didn't have school on Monday. Kevin's response was because it was "Milk Day". Gary said "What is that" . . . Kevin said "I don't know, maybe the day to celebrate whoever invented milk!" Everyone take a moment and picture a classroom calendar that has the initials MLK written on that Monday square . . .
Now, needless to say, Gary didn't let Kev go to sleep thinking we were having a holiday to celebrate a cow (although we do like animals around here). He went on to ask if they had learned about Dr. King in school . . . Kevin said yes . . . So Gary went on to have that wonderful, historic discussion he thought he was going to have at the beginning of the conversation! Then came down stairs and tried to share the story with me between the giggles (OK, Gary doesn't really giggle but you get the idea) . . . Cracked us up!!!
Well, I hope that made you giggle a little bit!!! For us it's another classic Kev story (we should write a book)!
So Happy MLK Day everyone!
Love ya,
Amy (and the gang)
Happy MLK Day to you guys too.
ReplyDeleteI love you all.
Aunt Deb
;-)
Happy MiLK Day!!!! I love it...Kev is too cute. And I love how perfectly willing he was to celebrate a day devoted to cows and their wonderful contribution to humans!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Everyone!
ReplyDeleteAmy, it's so much fun to stay in touch this way-it's great to hear what's going on with you all! We are doing well, but I need to ask you guys to pray for Aaron. He is struggling with school, mainly with the friend aspect. He is saying he doesn't have any friends (his best friend went to a different school this year.) Two years ago is very best friend moved to Alabama. So please pray for wisdom for Gordon and I as to what we need to do.
We are all staying healthy, which is a huge blessing!!:)
Joey is enjoying kindergarten alot, he loves his teacher and is doing great!
My days are very full with Aaron & Joey and then I take care of Michael (he is almost 3 yrs old).
Gordon is doing great, his job is going well.
We look forward to hearing from you all...
Love and blessings,
Elizabeth
The MLK story was just priceless!! Thanks for sharing:)
ReplyDelete